I am bit late to blog about the announcement that Adobe has made about free Adobe Flex framework SDK and FES . But I wanted to express what I feel about this announcement.
I think, this is another great move by Adobe after labs announcement.
- It would make many more developers to join the gang of Flex developers.
- It would hopefully take down some traffic on flexcoders. And people would now ask better/non-repeat/tough questions.
- It would help Flex developers to come up with great components/applications based on Flex framework.
- It would certainly make Adobe more respectable among Open-Source community. I know, this announcement is not about making code Open-Source but people, who like to dig into source code, would love this announcement.
- It would allow developers to learn about different patterns and techniques used to make this awesome framework/ui-toolkit.
- Developers would be able to suggest better techniques/algorithm. It would help Adobe to make Flex framework more stable and mature.
I think, there would be some limitations in free FES, you can read details on Mark Anders’ blog.