I watched the video-recording (101 MB .ogg file) of Kathy Sierra‘s talk from LCA ’07. It’s really good and I learnt many things, which would surely me in getting better at things (building software/products or communities).
I noted a few things (points, quotes, words etc etc).
Some of the attributes of passionate users:
- Spend Money
- Spend time
- Connect with others
- Show off / take pride (tshirts, bags etc)
- Elevate the meaning
Some quotes/sentences used in the talk:
- Where there is passion, there is a user kicking ass.
- It’s not about the tools you build, it’s about what your users do with the them.
- Being better is better.
- Being better is higher-resolution experience.
- Make right things easy and wrong things hard.
- Suck threshold vs Passion threshold.
Some screenshots of video can be seen at: