Techcrunch reviewed Mixercast, check it out the post. I don’t prefer Mixercast being projected as Slide-Show player, Mixercast is more than that. I am hopeful, very soon, users would realize the capabilities and use them.
Apart from easy to use Mixercast Wizard, there is powerful designer-tool for more creative users, who prefer more flexible environment. I would list some of those features here:
- Canvas – where user composes Mixercast by dragging and dropping things from Media Library
- Media Library – where all users content (imported, uploaded, linked etc) is shown.
- Media Import tool – imports from Flickr, YouTube, MySpace etc.
- Webcam capture tool – records video with audio and saves in media library
- Studio – a place where Mixercast’s partner (MuzeTune, PumpAudio, NatGeo, GettyImages etc) content be select.
- Widget Library
- Property palette
- Background settings (color, texture-or-tile, image)
- Undo/Redo commands
- Grid, snap-to-grid functionality
- Many more features
Like any alpha quality product, Mixercast has many known (an unknown?) issues, team is working hard to fix/polish existing stuff (widget UI, interaction etc).
It is always helpful to hear feedback from real users (i.e. you), if you have any feedback, please leave a comment here or send an email to [mail at abdulqabiz.com]. I promise, I would try my best to work on feedback and make sure things get better.