Sometimes back, I posted about as3httpclient project which is an open-source http-protocol-library written in ActionScript 3, not yet completely done. Library has been updated recently by Erik, who has recently joined the project. It’s great to have him in the team.
Things that have changed:-
- package name has been changed to code.google.as3httpclient.* from com.abdulqabiz.net.*;
- HTTPURLLoader class has been renamed to SocketURLLoader
- Some more classes added.
- ASDocs has been added.
Now as3httpclient can be used for:-
- HTTP Basic Authentication without browser’s dialogue box
- Adding custom or standard HTTP headers
- Uploading files to server that requires http-authentication [new]
- Copying bytes (of images/files downloaded using this library).
Two important features planned for future release:-
- Support for more HTTP verbs (PUT, DELETE, OPTIONS, HEAD etc) – would be there soon.
- Support for SSL or Secure HTTP – This feature might take sometime because it needs some investigation.
Please check out the project. I would love to hear your feedback/bug-reports/suggestions.
Please get back in touch with me [mail at abdulqabiz dot com], if you want to contribute to the project.