I love these *-awesome projects on Github.
The Docker Awesome is all about Docker and it’s ecosystem. Hundreds of curated links help you understand Docker, and it’s fast growing ecosystem.
If you think something is missing there, go ahead and add to README.md or send a PR to github.com/veggiemonk/awesome-docker/
BTW! There is another awesome project which curates links of all other awesome projects: https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome
I stick to following workflow while contributing to open-source projects on Github:
- Fork <user>/<repo> to abdul/<repo>
git clone [email protected]:abdul/<repo>.git
git remote add upstream [email protected]:<user>/<repo>.git
git checkout -b <topic_branch>
- Fix, Add or Change things (code, documentation, etc.)
git add <files>
git commit -m <commit-message>
- Repeat #5 , #6 & #7
git pull --rebase upstream master
- Resolve any conflicts, if required
- Squash Commits, e.g. squashing last three commits:
git push origin <topic_branch>
- Go to github.com/abdul/<repo>
- Create a Pull Request [Github is smart enough to detect a change in forked repo, and offer you to compare and create pull-request]
- Discuss changes in PR, and Fix things in branch as required.
I am evaluating various nosql solutions for our existing/new projects. Bluesmoon recommended about Riak which is an awesome nosql datastore/database (and lot more). I couldn’t wait to check it out.
As usual, I relied on Homebrew – the best package manage for OSX – to install applications/libraries. While installing, I got an error:
$ brew install riak
$ Error: Failed executing: make all rel
After searching for a while, I figured out that there are known issues. With the help of Adam‘s comment on github, I was able to install Riak finally.
We make brew ignore Riak’s dependencies while building it.
Following commands should build and install Riak:
$ brew update
$ brew install erlang
$ brew install --HEAD --ignore-dependencies riak -v