In India, Apple service doesn’t work well. As far as I know, most of Apple customers in India end up paying more to purchase the same products than someone in USA or other countries.
Why are we treated as second class citizens?
Anyway, the current Apple support process in India seems to be:-
- Register service-request with Apple India over phone
- Take your Apple device to nearest apple-authorised service-provider (AASP)
- Give the case-id given by Apple India Support(in step #1 above) to AASP
- AASP would run the diagnostic tests, if required, get the parts and fix things.
You might think, that’s a nice process and should work fine?
There are some issues in above process:-
- Apple India might not register your request and can get away by saying your hardware is overused and not covered in warranty anymore. Unless you are confident and technical enough to explain them things. Not everyone can do that.
- Not all cities have any authorised service-providers
- AASP might not be trained enough to deal things as per Apple standards.
- AASP might have broken process within their organisations, i.e. it takes them days to get details/approvals from their own headquarters and bosses.
- AASP might miss a step or two required before they can order the parts. If they do it, later Apple makes their life miserable by asking many questions. Eventually a customer suffers.
My recent experience with Apple support process has not been good. Continue reading