It was good to be at initRIA, I met many (known or new) people. The event went fine, we had some good sessions. The following list was the agenda:-
- Data Visualization in Flex – Raghunath Rao, Adobe
- Flash for Flex developers – Bhavin Padhiyar, SAP
- RIAjaxified – Rakshith, Adobe
- Designing RIAs with RC pattern – Yash Mody, TeknoPoint Multimedia
- Building Live Documents – An online Office suite leveraging RIA technologies by Sumanth Raghavendra and Adarsh Kini, InstaColl
- Optimizing Flex and AS3 – Mrinal Wadhwa, SAP
- Developing Flex RIAs with Cairngorm Microarchitecture Debabrata Acharjee, CapGemini
- Birds of a feather
We had couple of more session and some discussions (on Silverlight, AJAX etc) along with the above listed ones. I enjoyed most of the session, there is always something to learn. The most interesting session was by InstaCol guys, who showed us Live-Documents and also shared their experience with Adobe Flex.
I hope, all the slides/presentations (by everyone) would be uploaded to slideshare (preferably) or somewhere.
Around 130+ people were expected to attend (based on registration count) but it seems some fifty people showed up, which is not bad for something that was planned and organized in such a short time-span.
I feel, this is the first event, in India, which is focussed on the Flash Platform at the same time open for talks/discussions on all kind of RIA technologies. I am sure, next time (whenever it happens) we would have enough time to spread the word and developers from different RIA technology background can come up and share their views. As said, it was cool we had discussions on AJAX, Silverlight, AIR, Flex, Flash and RIA in general.
Technorati tags: initria