Things I want to see in Adobe Apollo15 Jun 2006
Lots of talk going on Apollo. I have kept quite because I had not seen Apollo except in MAX-2005 but today I saw screenshots on Ryan's blog. And I commented on his blog, I would like to see following things in Apollo:-
- Cross platform and works on Mobile devices
- Plugin architecture (That allows to execute natives DLLs with better platform detection APIs. A SDK would help)
- Light weight (takes less memory and core-binary size is very smaller)
- Better APIs for synchronization between offline/online apps (Nice wrappers around SharedObject, LocalConnection etc)
- Access to OS level API with strong security sandbox
- Backward compablity so that I can port existing (Flex 1.5, Flash Player 7/8) applications for Apollo.
- Database connectors with ActionScript API, that would allow applications to connect DB directly without using middle layer.